Sunday, October 27, 2013

Why I Started a Blog

I started this blog for several reasons. Primarily, it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while now. I even put it on my To-Do list for this year. With luck, writing about grappling will help me understand it better. I hope it helps me improve my writing, too. But, like anyone else, the main reason is ego.

I have something to say about grappling. I hope you’ll be kind enough to read it. This blog will be more than YouTube techniques and witty, social commentary--though that will certainly be included as well. I plan on discussing the concepts and principles at play in grappling disciplines like Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Wrestling, and SAMBO. There will even be a few history lessons: examinations of the people, times, and cultures that produced and promulgated these fantastic arts that we all love and study.

Like I tell everyone who trains and learns with me: “Constructive criticism is always welcome.”

Let’s have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment